This text-embedded-in-a-course addresses how to use a wiki to generate, organize, re-organize writing that will primarily be written in and read on a wiki. The tool shapes the creation: Ask a carpenter, a poet, a painter, a musician. Ask McLuhan. The wiki as a tool for writing changes the way we create and read writing. Just as it is unlike a pencil, pen, typewriter, even wordprocessor, so writing practices that lead to effective production of writing on a wiki are significantly different than those used with other tools.
We're writing this text with the idea that anyone who needs to create writing with or on or for a wiki might find it useful.
We're embedding it as a set of pages in a larger wiki as a matter of ease and experiment.
- ThreadMode : DialogueMode
- InventionInAWiki, WikiPlacesOfInvention
- CreateAMode: FAQMode, ListMode, CategoryMode
- WritingCollectively and WritingCollaboratively
- WritingInTopics | TopicalWriting
- Rhizomatic development, wiki as rhizome
links and linking
formatting and structuring pages
- FormattingPages - think of it as ongoing, of course.
- page on signing/tracking pages for grading (via J Moxley)