Wikipedia edit networks
Ward Cunningham's latest work with Federated Wiki
- The wiki for this course.
- The Daybook: Our course weblog. Check this page daily.
- @weblogsandwikis The Twitter feed for this course. @weblogsandwikis
- #en3177 The Twitter hashtag for this course
- Morgan's wiki
- Information on assessment for students in BS English: BOTAssessmentForWeblogsAndWikis
Morgan's Wiki | The Daybook | Twitter stream
CourseSyllabus | CourseStatement2017
CreativeCommonsLicensing | AboutThisWiki
- SentencesAboutWritingOnAWiki. Now that you've put your toe in the wiki water, it's time to jump in. Rather than taking it on in one session, approach SentencesAboutWritingOnAWiki two or three times during the week.
- Record the pages you worked with on your wiki name page.
- Please post a reflection on how it went on your blog by class time, Tue 21 Feb. (We have two students online who need to know what others are thinking about in their work!) We'll talk about those reflections in class.
- Review and discussion of work with SentencesAboutWritingOnAWiki
- Discussion on The Darker Side: starting a new page, and refactoring.
- What's next for wikis? NotesOnFederation
- Starting Project proposals
- Draft project proposals due Mon Feb 27, midnight. Post them on a wiki page, not your blog, so we both can review and revise them. I'll review them and get back to you in class, Feb 28. Expect an approval or a request for revision.
- What makes a good project? One that meets the terms laid out in the ProjectProposalAssignment. Read that first, then consider, then do some research, then draft a project. As you do, you'll be able to shape the project. A project should be
- legal, ethical, and appropriate to a university setting in subject and tone
- benefit from being enacted with public access using the appropriate mode: blog or wiki
TonyLien | BlakeJackson | BrianHawkins | BriannaGraner | ChloeSmith | ColtonChadderdon | EricKvale | MadelynHaasken | MarenaCloud | NolanEwert | RichardCase | SamanthaCrews | AndyAllison | JeannaToninato | JenniferKaufenberg | MorganAdmin | PastParticipants
email me), then double-click on any page, or click on the "Edit page" link at the bottom to get started.
GettingStarted has basic editing and formatting instructions. the SandBox is a space to practice editing. Our StyleGuide lists our social and writing conventions. CollaborationConventions is a developing set of conventions for working collaboratively on this wiki. But we also encourage you to CollaborateRadically. Follow WikiLove.
- Wiki:GoodWikiCitizen - on c2.com lists suggestions for respect.
- Wiki:FixYourWiki is another starting point for the collaborative-minded
M C Morgan. Or ask on The Daybook
A growing list of pages
- PagePatterns - develop each and add to the list
- DavisWiki at http://daviswiki.org
- Also see My delicious tag: wikis.
- 100 pages - 100 writers
- interview - poll - discuss - link
- 15 Productive Uses for a Wiki
- 100+ More Wiki Tools and Resources
- TwitLit - early notes on the ShortForm
- BloggingActivitiesExercise and TwitteringActivitesExercise
TopicsForDiscussion Make a list.
Useful pages: FormattingRules, WikkaDocumentation, OrphanedPages, WantedPages, TextSearch
This site is running on version n/a (see WikkaReleaseNotes).